Hobie Adventure Island
An absolute joy on the water, the Hobie Mirage Adventure Island is impressively approachable.
Ride the wind: A roller-furling, vertically battened mainsail provides lift, a retractable centerboard prevents lateral slip, and the larger amas tuck parallel against the rotomolded polyethylene hull for docking.
Multiple hatches, on deck stowage and Vantage CT Seating encourage multi-day adventures, and the MirageDrive with Glide Technology offers paddle-free locomotion when the wind scatters, making it easy to get home.
The "AI" is also an exceptional bluewater-capable fishing platform. Equip the accessory trampoline kit for extra space and walk-around capability.
Length: 16' 7" / 5.05 m
Beam (Amas Folded In): 44" / 1.12 m
Beam (Amas Out): 9' 6" / 2.9 m
Capacity: 400 lbs / 181.44 kg
Fitted Hull Weight: 102 lbs / 46 kg *
Fully Rigged Weight: 185 lbs / 84 kg *
Mast Length: 16' 6" / 5.03 m
Sail Area: 65 ft² / 6.04 m²
Hull Construction: Rotomolded Polyethylene
- Back wire cap for Lowrance-ready Thru-Hull Wire Plugs
- Padeye XL
- 3-way connector for Lowrance Ready, Thru-Hull Wire Plugs (Backwards Compatible)
- Repositioned Thru-Hull wire plugs for easier access
- Two Molded-In Rod Holders
- Roller-Furling Main Sail
- MirageDrive 180 with ST Turbo Fins
- Four Detatchable Akas with Carrying Bag
- Two Color-Coordinated Amas
- Two-Piece Paddles with On-Hull Storage
- Two 8" Twist and Seal Hatches with Gear Bucket
- Vantage CT Seating
- Two Mesh Stowage Pockets
- Kick-up Centerboard
- Kick-up Island Rudder
- Patented Roller-Furling Sail with Battens
- Two-Piece Carbon Composite Mast
- Lowrance ® Ready