Newsletter Signup

payment options


Online Store

Local Weather

Weather Situation
A high pressure system over the Tasman Sea is moving slowly eastwards. A series
of cold fronts will move over southern parts of the State through to early next


Forecast for Thursday 13 July until midnight
Winds: North to northwesterly 15 to 20 knots increasing to 20 to 25 knots during the morning then easing to west to northwesterly 15 to 20 knots mid to late afternoon.

Seas: 1 to 2 metres.

Swell: West to southwesterly below 0.5 metres.

Weather: Partly cloudy. 20% chance of a shower increasing to 80% chance of showers from late afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm from late afternoon.


Forecast for Friday 14 July
Strong Wind Warning for Friday for Adelaide Metropolitan Waters
Winds: Westerly 15 to 20 knots increasing to 20 to 25 knots before turning southwesterly 20 to 30 knots in the early afternoon then easing to 15 to 20 knots during the evening.

Seas: 1.5 metres, increasing to 1.5 to 2.5 metres during the morning.

Swell: West to southwesterly below 1 metre.

Weather: Partly cloudy. 80% chance of showers, with possible small hail in the afternoon and evening.


Forecast for Saturday 15 July
Winds: Southwesterly 10 to 15 knots becoming variable below 10 knots during the morning then becoming northerly 10 to 15 knots in the late afternoon and evening.

Seas: 1 to 1.5 metres.

Swell: West to southwesterly below 1 metre.
Weather: Partly cloudy. 30% chance of a shower.


Forecast for Sunday 16 July
Winds: North to northeasterly 10 to 15 knots increasing to 15 to 20 knots during the morning then shifting north to northwesterly 20 to 25 knots during the afternoon.

Seas: 1 to 1.5 metres, increasing to 1 to 2 metres during the morning.

Swell: West to southwesterly below 1 metre.

Weather: Cloudy. 50% chance of showers.



Kayaks Adelaide

The world is a water park, and since 1950, Hobie have made the best rides.

They’ve surfed. They’ve sailed. And to each sport, they have brought flat-out, live-fast, have-fun, adventure. We’re bringing all of these to Adelaide adventurers and aquatic enthusiasts with each of our models of Hobie Kayaks. Phil Edwards

Each Hobie kayak is a seamless, roto-molded, polyethylene torpedo - sturdy, stable and swift. The result? Quality kayaks that effortlessly, gracefully, glide. Hobie kayaks even have a closed-deck design with self-draining scuppers and seats to keep you dry. And not only are Hobie Kayaks easy to paddle, they're easy to pull with sure-grip handles both fore and aft. For those rare moments when you're not paddling, most models offer on-deck paddle storage. The molded-in cup holders bring beverage service to the main cabin for a touch of added class.

Of course, they have also brought something brilliantly new to the sport of kayaking: Pedals. Each of the Hobie Mirage models has the patented MirageDrive pedaling system. It will take you further faster, with a huge emphasis on fun.

Start kayaking feet first with a faster, smoother, more powerful kayak experience with Hobie at Adelaide’s Binks Marine. View our full range of Hobie products below.

The Power of Hobie Mirage Drive

· The MirageDrive is easy to use, quiet and creates no splash.

· Leaves your hands free for fishing, photography or holding refreshments.

· Your feet rest naturally on the pedals for quick, effortless, back-and-forth motions.

· Pedalling is much faster and more efficient than paddling. The large muscles in your legs produce more powerful propulsion versus using your arms on a paddled kayak.

· No annoying dripping water from a paddle.

· Easily removable for transport and storage.

· Self-cleaning mechanism, resisting wear from sand and other particles.

· Durable construction in injection-molded plastics and stainless steel fittings.

· Adjustable to accommodate for a wide range of pedaler’s heights.

Hobie Mirage Drive


The simple kayak was born perfect. Light, nimble, and easy to use, kayaks paddled through the ages virtually unchanged. An old design maxim says that perfection is achieved when there is nothing left to remove. The Hobie design team response? Get rid of the paddle.

Welcome to the world of the HobieMirageDrive®. The ungainly paddle is replaced by the sheer efficiency of the pedal. With the largest human muscle group now in play, kayaking becomes easier and more efficient than ever. Two pedals drive a pair of underwater fins – much like a penguin’s flippers. Whether snapping up to speed with a quick burst or steadily covering expanses of water, the MirageDrive allows effortless freedom and function.

Hobie Mirage Drive

Hobie Mirage Drive


· Weight:6.6 lbs / 3.0 kg


Mirage Series Kayaks


Mirage Sport

Mirage Outback

Mirage Revolution 11

Mirage Revolution 13

Mirage Revolution 16

Mirage Outfitter

Mirage Oasis

Mirage Adventure Island

Mirage Tandem Island

Mirage i9S

Mirage i12S

Mirage i14T

Mirage Pro Angler 12

Mirage Pro Angler 14







Compare All Models


Colour Crew     Length Width   Fitted Hull Weight*
Mirage Sport altaltaltaltalt   1 9' 7" / 2.92 m 0.75 m 24.04 kg     102 kg
Mirage Outback altaltaltaltalt   1 12' 1" / 3.68 m 0.84 m 34.02 kg     181 kg
alt Mirage Revolution 11 altaltaltalt alt   1 11' 6" / 3.51m 0.74 m 25.85 kg     136 kg
Mirage Revolution altaltaltaltalt   1 13' 5" / 4.09 m 0.72 m 31.52 kg     159 kg
Mirage Adventure altaltaltaltalt   1 16' / 4.88 m  0.7 m 34.25 kg     159 kg
Mirage Outfitter altaltaltaltalt 1-2 12' 8" / 3.86 m 0.86 m 39.01 kg     182 kg
Mirage Oasis altaltaltaltalt 1-2 14' 6" / 4.42 m  0.84 m 40.37 kg     249 kg
alt Mirage Pro Angler 12 altaltalt   1 12' / 3.66 m  0.91 m 44.45 kg     227 kg
Mirage Pro Angler altaltalt   1 13' 8" / 4.17 m 0.97 m 49.90 kg     272 kg
Mirage Adventure Island altaltalt   1 16' / 4.88 m 0.7 m 52.16 kg     159 kg
Mirage Tandem Island altaltalt 1-2 18' 6" / 5.64 m 0.76 m 86.18 kg     272 kg
Mirage i9s altalt   1 9' / 2.74 m 0.91 m 17.69 kg     147 kg
Mirage i12s altalt   1 12' / 3.66 m 0.91 m 24.04 kg     227 kg
Mirage i14T altalt 1-2 14' / 4.3 m 0.91 m 27.67 kg     272 kg
Lanai altaltaltalt   1 9' / 2.74 m 0.76 m 20.64 kg     147 kg
alt Quest 11 altaltaltalt   1 11' / 3.38 m 0.74 m 23.81 kg     136 kg
Quest altaltaltaltalt   1 13' / 3.96 m 0.72 m 29.94 kg     159 kg
Kona altaltaltalt 1-3 11' 6" / 3.51 m      0.86 m 30.62 kg     204 kg
Odyssey altaltaltalt 1-3 14' / 4.27 m 0.84 m 35.61 kg     245 kg

*Fitted Hull Weight: includes all standard features that are permanently attached, e.g. hatches, handles, rudder, hardware.

Model Color Key

Mirage Series
Mirage Inflatable Series
Paddle Series

Mirage Colors

Inflatable Colors

Paddle Colors

altCaribbean Blue altSundance altCaribbean Blue
altGolden Papaya altSage altGolden Papaya
altRed Hibiscus   altRed Hibiscus
altIvory Dune   altIvory Dune
altOlive   alt Olive (Quest 11 and 13)
  • Hull Weight does not include hatches, handles, seat(s), MirageDrive(s), rudder, or paddle(s).
  • Weight capacities of tandem-model kayaks are affected by the relative weights of the two kayakers. See this tech note for details.
  • All Colors, Graphics and Specifications are subject to change without notice.


Kayak Accessories


All the Hobie accessories can be purchased via our online store or call in to our showroom as we have a large range on display


Hobie Sailsaltalt

To view the complete Hobie Parts and Accessories catalogue please CLICK HERE...