Ronstan S55 BB Orbit Block,Single,Link Head (RF55101)
Kilogram for kilogram of working load, BB and RT Orbit Blocks ’?½ are the world ’??s lightest. The unique orbital design allows the bearing to only be in the active areas of the floating sheave. This minimises the mass of the inactive return race and hub.
Weight and bulk are further reduced in the different block configurations. The ball bearing single and becket block has a through-sheave becket arrangement. The result? The lowest weight possible.
The Dyneema© Link is easily fitted and is retained securely by a moulded retainer clip. The flexible link can be left with one end attached to the block when fitting - no more lost shackle pins.
The flexible Dyneema© Link provides controlled rotation and 0 ¸ or 90 ¸ orientation. It connects directly to the head of the block rather than to an intermediate head post. This reduces weight and gives the lowest possible profile while allowing full articulation. Beckets have been carefully designed to minimise height.
- Ultra Lightweight
- Low friction 2-stage Orbital ball bearing system
- Highest working load in its class
- Low profile and compact
- High performance cleating
- Easily fitted and securely retained Dyneema Link head.
|Sheave ?||55 mm|
|Max. Rope ?||10 mm|
|Max. Cable ?||- mm|
|Pin ?||- mm|
|B. L.||1000 kg|
- Mainsheet systems on dinghies, sportsboats and small keelboats to 9m (30ft)
- Spinnaker sheets on dinghies, sportsboats and small keel boats to 9m (30ft)
- Halyard, Vang and Backstay application on boats to 8m (26ft)
- Control line applications on larger yachts
- Ball bearings - High compression strength carbon black Acetal
- Stage 2 bearing - Carbon fibre reinforced, PTFE impregnated Nylon
- Frame/Cheeks - Toughened, glass fibre reinforced Nylon
- Rope Link: UV stabilised, multi-strand impregmented SK75 Dyneema©